Sentient AI: The Customer Might Not Always Be Right, but They Do Deserve An Excellent Ecommerce Customer Experience
I worked retail for a number of years. Though I do not miss it, I did learn a great deal from the experience. You might not always agree with what your customer has to say, but they do have the right to express their opinion. They might not walk away with exactly what they want, but at least you can give them the same experience as you give everyone else.
Five Tips You Can Use To Improve Your Ecommerce Customer Experience
1) According to research done by Sentient AI( Artificial Intelligence), you need to know your product inside and out. You cannot get by only knowing the bare minimum. I can tell you based on the first-hand experience that your customers will not like it. They will go elsewhere for the same product. If you do not know anything about what you are selling, then you should not be selling it.
2) You should be nice and friendly to your customers. Customers can tell if you are at all interested in serving them. If you approach them with total disinterest, then they will feel it and move on to someone else. You might not like the person you are serving, but you still need to smile. I know it can be difficult at times, but you need to try.
3) You should say thank you every time someone makes a purchase online. If you say thank you, they will want to come back and buy from you again. Saying thank you is habit-forming. Saying thank you will also increase your e-commerce sales, according to Sentient AI.
4) You need to train your staff and not just some of them. You also need to use the same training. I saw a great deal of haphazard training when I worked retail. Customers will have a more positive experience with you when all your staff is trained in the right way.
5) You need to show respect to your customers. You might not agree with their attitude toward you, but you should never let your emotions overtake you. You should try to put yourself in their shoes. They might be having a bad day. You never know what their story is. The image they present to you during the transaction might not be the whole picture, according to Sentient AI. Learn more about Sentient at Crunchbase.
“Never judge a book by the cover”